Monday, April 13, 2009

It's been a while

OK, so I have been harassed about not having blogged...well at all. So, here we go. I am really going to try to be better at blogging, but I doubt that I will be. HA!

I am going to try not to make this a book, but I have got a great story that I have to share. I won a trip to The Summit. A huge training weekend dealio with my company. All expenses paid, and you get lots of knowledge to take back to the field. So, YAY!

I decided that even though the company would pay for my to go to The Summit, because this year it was being hosted in Louisville, KY I would drive and bring the boys up with me. Prior to us leaving, one of my co-workers asked me if I would mind taking a terminal with us so he wouldn't have to worry about it going through security. No problem. I am gullible and nice like that.

When we get to Louisville, I gave the terminal to the co-worker and went on with my conference. At the end of the conference, he gave me the terminal back and asked if I would bring it back to SC with me. Sure, no problem. I have the room, I am nice and gullible like that.

Back in Greenville, and the co-worker and I are talking about the terminal. The co-worker needed me to download it for a merchant. (Which means to put the correct software onto the harddrive.) I do this, no problem. But then I notice that the machine is not printing correctly. I pull out the printing mechanism to make sure that it is seated correctly, and I see some plastic inside the terminal. OK, there should be no plastic in there. So, I grabbed and pulled. And out came a baggie of weed and rolling papers. I busted out laughing.

Long story short, I unknowingly smuggled drugs across state lines so that my friend did not have to take it on a plane. ROTFL....I love my job. Oh, and with the baggie out of the terminal, it worked fine. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Yay for an update!! :) And yay for some fun non-wedding related stories!! Love you Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so hilarious. Please post more, I miss you making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete